Worldline takes users’ privacy very seriously and is committed to comply with the privacy laws and regulations on privacy in the electronic communications. For this purpose, we have developed the following notice which intends to give you all the keys to manage the cookies we collect while you visit our website.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files which are downloaded on to a device when the user accesses to certain websites. Cookies could be accessed by the server and allow a website to recognize users and to understand the users’ navigation on different websites.
On the same principle and for the same purpose, other equivalent tracking technology could also be used such as html5 local storage, in the rest of this notice, the term “cookie” will cover all local tracking technology.
In practice, the website you visit sends information to the browser which then creates a text file. Every time the user goes back to the same website, the browser retrieves and sends this file to the website's server.
What types of cookies do we use?
Below, the different types of cookies with a different purpose and utility
- Strictly Necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
Please see here for the list of cookies we might use.
Purpose of the cookies
Worldline intends to ensure that you enjoy your experience on our website. For this reason, when visiting our Worldline website, cookies are installed on your device.
When surfing on Worldline website(s), data logs of your surfing activity may be collected with the purpose of understanding aggregate usage of features and pages.
How long does Worldline keep the cookies?
Cookies remain on your computer by default for no longer than 13 months and you can decide to delete all cookies anytime when going into your browser settings.
How do I change my cookie settings?
If you don’t agree with the use of such cookies or if you want to customize it and save your preferences, you can click on the floating “Cookie settings” button in the bottom left corner or clear your cookies in your browser to limit or exclude their use.
Please note that these settings are only valid for the pages created and owned by Worldline. When we embody link to external websites and that you click on these links you leave our website and therefore the settings and notice applying to our website no longer applies. You should consider the new website cookies notice and settings.
Your browser may provide you with information and control over cookies. You can set your browser to alert you when a cookie is being used and accept or reject the cookie. You can also set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers. You can generally disable the cookie feature on your browser without affecting their ability to use the Worldline website(s).
To make sure you find out your way on how to change the settings, here are a few links that may be useful to configure appropriately the different browser you may be using.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can learn more on how Worldline processes your personal data by consulting our Privacy Notice.
This Cookie notice was last updated on 19/07/2021.